Saturday, February 19, 2011

Williamsburg VA to Winston-Salem NC to Franklin TN to Halls TN to AZ

Amy Smith & Princess Halls TN
Connie Duvall & Gary Steelman Halls area TN













Just some of the wonderful people I have met on my adventure. 
Great churches and horses and monuments. 
Will give details later as I leave Halls TN for Phoenix AZ in about 30 minutes. Hope you enjoy.  
Connie Duvall horses Halls TN


Curly Acres Farm DyersburgTN


Garland's Appaloosa Mule and Horse Halls TN
Connie Duvall's Horses Halls TN






Pollyanna McClure of Curly Acres Farm Dyersburg TN

Garland Hargett's Saddle in Halls TN home 
Vanessa Cain & Linda Rae Joy in Halls TN
Lutheran Church Halls TN
Franklin TN Monument

Rhonda & mom Ruth in Franklin TN


Glen View Baptist Winston-Salem NC

Heritage Farms & Carriages Winston-Salem NC
Nancy Paschall Director of Dream Catchers Williamsburg VA


Cori Sikich Monument at Dream Catchers in Williamsburg VA

1 comment:

  1. I first met Linda when I was friends with her daughter in high school. I have fond memories of her as someone we asked permission from as we hurried through to pick up Lisa on the way to our next all-consuming teenage activity. I remember her quick smile and how nice she was to our group of friends.

    Lisa still remains one of my favorite people, so when she told me her mother would be passing through on such a wonderful adventure, I was excited to help. I knew I would enjoy Linda's visit, but I was surprised at how quickly we moved from acquaintances to friends.

    I do not own horses, but the are a significant part of my sister-in-law's life. Amy helped by offering an afternoon and the names of some other local horse lovers who might like to participate. I also had a few contacts from my job at a nearby newspaper. I was excited that so many area residents agreed to help Linda on her project on relatively short notice. I think it was an example of true Southern Hospitality, although I think the people deserve the credit more than the region.

    Linda's excitement and enthusiasm for this adventure were surely contagious. As she travels the United States gathering inspiration for her writing and painting, she is also inspiring others. Her journey is a reminder that we should all seek our own dreams with as much passion as gusto.

    I am so pleased to be a small part of her adventure. A beautiful painting, warm memories and a new friend are my souvenirs of these few days and I can't wait to see what happens next!

    Vanessa Cain
    Halls, TN

    ReplyDelete